Experience is an index representing every player's development and activity in the game. The more active a player is, the more developed Castle they have and the more experience points they gain. Experience is the major index that takes part in the Rankings. When a player reaches a certain amount of Experience they gain a level. Each level gained gives Skill points, which are used to advance in different Skills.
You can gain Experience from:
- Buildings - they give you Experience, which equals the sum of the spent Resources on the current Building level (the bonus from the skill Education is also added here). The Experience is gained at the start of development.
- Units- they give you Experience, which equals to 1/3 (one third) of the sum of the spent Resources on their training (the bonus from the skill Education is also added here).
- Upgrades (improvements) to the units- they give you Experience, which equals to the sum of all spent Resources on the current level of Upgrade (Veteran upgrades paid with coins too);The Experience is gained when the Upgrade process is completed.
- Battles - the Experience gained after Battle is based on the life of the killed Units. It is not always the full life but a percentage based on the players’ Population losses.
- Knight Missions - they give you Experience, which equals the sum of the spent Resources on the current Knight Mission (the bonus from the skill Education is also added here). The Experience is gained when the mission is completed.
Calculating experience gained after battle:
The experience gained after battle is based on the life of the killed units. It is not always the full life but a percentage based on the players’ population losses.
When both players lose over 33.5% of their population, they gain 100% of the life of the killed units as experience.
If one of the players (no matter winner or loser in the battle) has lost less than 33.5% of his population, both players will receive just part of the experience.
This percentage will be estimated in the following way – percentage of lost population, multiplied by 3.
One of the players lost 33% of his population and the other lost all of it. So both players get 33x3=99% from the experience.
If he had lost 20% of the population, both would've got 20x3=60% of the experience.
Experience will always be calculated using the lost population percentage of the player who suffered less damage.
If one of the players lost 20% and the other 60% of their population, the experience will be calculated with the first value (20x3=60%).
Note that you do not get Experience from:
- Demolishing Buildings;
- Conquering a Castle;
- Healing during a Battle (using Priests or the Healing skill) - you don't gain Experience even if there are some healed Units during the Battle;
- Restored Units from Tavern;
- Fled Units- the fled Units do not give you Experience;
- Espionage - lost Units during Espionage Marches don't give you Experience.
IMPORTANT: The bonus from the skill Education will be added to the final value.